Friday, November 8, 2013

Book Club Friday

It has been a long, long while since I've linked up with Heather & Katie for Book Club Friday. Wedding planning really took me away from the blog world and my favorite link-up, but now that the wedding is over I'm excited to be back at it!
 


This week I'm reviewing "Still Missing" by Chevy Stevens.

 {via}

Description via Goodreads:
"On the day she was abducted, Annie O’Sullivan, a 32-year-old realtor, had three goals—sell a house, forget about a recent argument with her mother, and be on time for dinner with her ever-patient boyfriend. The open house is slow, but when her last visitor pulls up in a van as she's about to leave, Annie thinks it just might be her lucky day after all.
Interwoven with the story of the year Annie spent as the captive of a psychopath in a remote mountain cabin, which unfolds through sessions with her psychiatrist, is a second narrative recounting events following her escape—her struggle to piece her shattered life back together and the ongoing police investigation into the identity of her captor."

This book. WOW. It is intense and just plain scary. It honestly made me aware of how complacent I am during my daily walks of life. With Annie being abducted doing something she did everyday just really makes you think differently and realize how much more aware you can be.  And the things that happened to Annie after she was abducted, holy cow. This book was just plain disturbing, but oh so interesting at the same time. I just kept turning the pages to see what would happen next, and the ending...CRAZY! 

I don't know what it is about this time of year, but I like reading dark, mysterious books and this novel really fit the bill. I didn't know what to expect with this book, but I really enjoyed it!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds very interesting - going to add it to my ever growing goodreads list :)

Jenn @ A Country Girl's World said...

I have read several great reviews of this book. I might just have to bump it up on my to-reads list!

Victoria said...

oh man,i loved this freaky,dark book too!!! chevy is a powefrul writer :) i have read her other two books too,her latest one though was not that great (or so i thought...).

happy friday!

Katie said...

I just got this book from the library-- can't wait to read it!